Thursday, January 3, 2013

TGF Christmas Dinner!! (Truly Gluten Free)

Yes, I managed it! A simple yet delicious Christmas dinner with just enough Christmassy flavours for me!

It doesn't look much - but taking photos of real food is never glamorous!! So here it is - homely, badly presented, cosy and yummy Christmas dinner!
All the right flavours in all the right places :)



It consists of Roasted veg: sweet potatoes and parsnips in olive oil ...and delicata squash in Rosemary, honey and mustard. We also had brussel sprouts fried in garlic, my very own TGF stuffing (extremely simple! Recipe here), leeks with nutmeg and a special rump steak -marinated for a day in wine, thyme, garlic and a dash of balsamic- and cooked to perfection for the first time in my life lol!! It was perfect - and I am well known for my disastrous steaks (hence the marinating!!)... All in all, it was tasty, filling and enjoyed by all 3 of us!
I consider myself lucky to be able to eat all that and not get ill! People who are more traditional would also have to make their own cranberry sauce etc for this to be a full on Christmas meal - but I am not bothered about these things! And we were too stuffed to even dream of Christmas cake or pudding!
Our meal was completed by homemade Christmas crackers!
Best joke: How does father Christmas like his pizza? Deep pan, crisp and even. Hahaha, it HAD to be about food, didn't it?!
Happy New Year Everybody!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment/ add your own suggestions or even recipes (with links if you like - let's network darlings! ;D )