Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pastry!

So here is how I make pastry - this has tranformed my life because it is actually very nice and gives me the feeling that I have eaten something other than water-based food!

½ cups Buckwheat flour (or a combo of B/wheat -½ cup- and Chickpea 1/4 cup)
1 tspn salt
1/4 cup olive oil / grapeseed oil
Water

Seive flour (actually, I never bother! But if you use chickpea flour- seive it!)
Add enough oil to make breadcrumbs (must be moist enough to stick together, as no gluten)
Add water to bring together into a ball.
Wrap in clingfilm, put into the fridge and use when ready....
or, roll out onto greaseproof paper and use straight away.

I use this to make tarts (like courgette and celeriac, mmmm!), pasties (carrot, parsnip and onion, deeeeelish!) and crumbles....

For sweet pastry, add a tablespoon of agave syrop. You can make mini jam tarts with sugar free jam, yay!

Sometimes this pastry is a dream to work with - and sometimes I can't roll it out (must depend on the moon!) in which case I use it to make a crumble instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment/ add your own suggestions or even recipes (with links if you like - let's network darlings! ;D )